Schrank Repeats Win in Newcastle
The Hoosier Tire's Black Hills Mini Sprint made it's last stop at the Newcastle Speedway on Saturday night, and the result was the same as the last stop. Reggie Schrank (521) seems to have found his stride as he doubled up on feature wins for his first and second trophies of the season. From his 4th starting position, Schrank quickly fell into the 2nd spot behind the early leader Tyler Mills in his #14 car, which hasn't seen much track time in the 2015 season. Mills looked like he had the field covered until he broke a throttle cable midway through the 20 lap main event, leaving the car "dead-in-the-water". Once the green flag dropped again, the 521 car had no real competition and went on to take the checkered flag, with point leader and Speedmart's Hard Charger Award winner John Garrigan jr. (95j) on his tail. Don Taylor (31) finished in third place, and went from 4th in points to a tie for 2nd with the 4th place finisher Tom Peterson (307), both are just 5 points behind Garrigan for the 2015 BHMST Point Championship. Pole sitter Doug McIntosh (23) rounded out the top 5.
The only incident of the evening was in the hot laps when first time driver Clay Plankonin, substituting in the #24 car for Colten Baumann, exited the 4th corner too high and too fast, came in hard contact with the guard rail and the fence on the front straight and rolled. I can imagine how that phone call went, because Baumann's car was destroyed.
1. Logan Hershey (20), 2. John Garrigan jr. (95j), 3. Ed Wagoner (51), 4. Martin Hansen (16)
1. Don Taylor (31), 2. Jason Robbins (50), 3. Riley Fremont (808), DNS 4. Ronald Sadness (36s)
1. Reggie Schrank (521), 2. Tyler Mills (14), 3. Blayne Brink (21), 4. Larry Reub (59)
1. Tom Peterson (307), 2. Doug McIntosh, DNF 3. Ryan Fulk, DNS 4. Clay Plankonin
1. Schrank, 2. Garrigan, 3. Taylor, 4. Peterson, 5. McIntosh, 6. Robbins, 7. Wagoner, 8. Fremont, 9.Brink, 10. Reub, 11. Hansen, DNF 12. Fulk, 13. Mills, 14. Hershey, DNS 15. Pankonin, 16. Sadness.
BHMST 2015 Schedule
May 9 - Newcastle, WY (snow)
May 16 - Sturgis, SD (rain) make up 6-6-15
May 22 - May 23 - Rapid City, Heartland Speedway (Canceled)
May 23 Newcastle, WY Blayne Brink
June 6 - Sturgis, SD Tom Peterson and Brandon Mills
June 13 - Newcastle, WY Brandon Mills
June 27 - Sturgis, SD Riley Fremont
July 11 - Sturgis, SD Brandon Mills
July 18 - Newcastle, WY Blayne Brink
July 25 - Sturgis, SD Doug McIntosh (Blayne Brink non-wing no-points)
Aug 7 - Aug 8 - Newcastle, WY Shane Fick, Reggie Shrank, and Logan Hershey
Aug 22 - Newcastle, WY Reggie Shrank
Sept 11 - Sept 12 -Rapid City, Heartland Speedway
See News Section for more results.